Grants are an important aspect of our work and have real impact locally as well as regionally and nationally. Over the last few decades, we have awarded millions of pounds to the arts and heritage – an unparalleled legacy that has transformed neighbourhoods, communities, visitor attractions and people’s lives across the length and breadth of the nation and abroad.
All grants from The Arts Society are intended to give access to the arts to those that wouldn’t normally have access to them. We believe in Arts for All and will use our grants to make a positive contribution to people’s lives through the arts.
As our resources are limited, we have identified three areas of giving that are in accordance with our charitable objectives and meet specific needs in the arts & heritage sectors.
Young Arts programmes support a wide range of activities to introduce young people to and engage them in artistic experience and practice. They include: artists in residence; art lectures for students; funding visits to art galleries and museums; art exhibitions for young artists; equipment purchases; practical workshops; local Arts Week events; bursaries for individual students; and sponsorship for craft apprentices.
This area is about projects and programmes that further the development and training of skills in the arts, crafts and heritage. There are no age limits to this as we believe that people of all ages benefit from acquiring and honing their creative and heritage skills.
Regional Museums, Galleries & Arts Organisations
The work of regional and local museums and galleries is important in connecting people with their local heritage and arts; yet these institutions often struggle to raise funds for projects and internships during times of budget cuts. Our grants may support special projects, displays, internship or part-time posts, training and conservation activities. We will also consider applications involving regional and local theatres and performing arts spaces and groups.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Registered UK Charities with a turnover of £3M or less
- Member societies of The Arts Society
The Proposed project;
- Needs to fulfil the charitable objectives of The Arts Society and be given in The Arts Society name.
- Should make a difference to people’s lives
- Has to be viable & sustainable
- Must be well-managed
- Must be related to the Arts, Heritage or Conservation
- Must have a robust budget
- Must demonstrate sound financial management
- Must include publicity for The Arts Society
- Successful applicants should track progress and report back to The Arts Society
GRANTS WILL NOT BE GIVEN FOR
- Capital expenditure on buildings, machinery or equipment.
- Operational costs.
- Projects that have already started/ completed.
- Repeat applications (applicants that are successful two years in succession must wait a year before reapplying.)
- We cannot accept applications from individuals
APPLICATION DATES & DEADLINES
- Applications will open 1st August 2018 for the Autumn round.
- Applications will close 30th September 2018 at 23:59 GMT. If you are an external organisation applying for a grant please register by Friday 21st September 2018 to ensure you have time to complete your application.
- Please note any applications received after the closing deadline will not be considered.