Minutes of the AGM of the Art Society Lunesdale
10 Sep 2019 - 11:49 BY Admin
Borwick and Priest Hutton Memorial Hall
Tuesday 18 June 2019 1.45pm
1. The Chairman welcomed members to the AGM. Apologies were received from Lady Anne Shuttleworth, Ruth Wright, Jean Ann Naylor, Judy Graham Clegg, Judith Horsfield , Mary and Roger Frankland and Barbara and John Mackie.
2. Minutes of the 2018 AGM. The resolution to approve the minutes of the 2018 AGM was proposed by Anthony Adamson and seconded by Florence Welburn. The meeting voted to approve the minutes.
3. The Report of the Committee. The Chairman read out the report of the committee. The resolution to receive and approve the report of the committee was proposed by Anthony Adamson and seconded by Michael Marshall. The meeting voted to receive and approve the report. To read the report click here.
4. The Accounts of the Society. The Treasurer presented the accounts to the meeting. The resolution to approve and receive the accounts was proposed by Elizabeth Cole and seconded by Vanessa ? . The meeting voted to approve the accounts.
5. Election of the Chairman. The current Chairman Martin Gillibrand has agreed to stand for an exceptional extra year beyond the constitutionally recommended 3 years as it has not been possible to persuade anyone else to stand. Former Chairman Mr Richard Norman managed the election resolution and Mr Gillibrand was unanimously re-elected. The Meeting also recorded thanks to Mr Gillibrand for his continued Chairmanship.
6. Election of the officers and committee. The meeting approved the en-bloc election of the committee and officers ; Sue West (Secretary and Vice Chair) Cathy Hartley (Treasurer), Judie Graham Clegg (Membership Secretary, Sue O’Brien, (Trips and Tours) Mary Frankland (Young Arts), Angela Pape; John Parkinson, and Jenny Fisher; John Wilson, Ros Lloyd.
The chairman thanks the committee members who were standing down – Bronwen Osborne, Anthony Adamson xxxxx for their service and hard work.
7. Stephen Smith was confirmed as financial examiner for a further year.
8. No other business was raised and the meeting closed at 2.04 pm.
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Become an instant expert!
Find out more about the arts by becoming a Supporter of The Arts Society.
For just £10 a year you will receive invitations to exclusive member events and courses, special offers and concessions, our regular newsletter and our beautiful arts magazine, full of news, views, events and artist profiles.